I'm fed up of reading everywhere that guitar bands are to "much of a risk" this and "just aren't selling" that and, as I think the guitar is the best instrument ever, I've compiled a list of the top ten rock / indie / folk / punk / blues / metal / reggae / anything else with a guitar tunes from relatively unknown acts that I've been dancing to this week to give all those people a kick up the rump and prove there is still good mainstream guitar music out there:
10. Sisterland - Dirty White (new)
Sounding amazing in the riff department, the only way is up for this Leicester trio.
9. Jagwar Ma - Come Save Me (down 2)
8. Alabama Shakes - Hold On (re-entry)
So simple and yet so effective, whopper of a debut album.
7. Katzenjammer - I Will Dance (down 4)
6. Jake Morley - Feet Don't Fail Me Now (new)
As fun and down to earth as Jack Johnson. Pleasant summer tune.
5. Hooray For Earth - No Love (re-entry)
As much a contendor for #1 in the 6 Music playlist today as back last Summer.
4. Born Gold - Lawn Knives (down 2)
3. Michael Kiwanuka & Dan Auerbach - Lasan (new)
More heart-felt, effortless music from Kiwanuka, this time with The Black Keys' invaluable input.
2. The OK Social Club - The Shape of Things to Come (new)
Tongue in cheek indie punk from bonnie Scotland, listening may result in uncontrollable hip-shaking.
1. Polica - Lay Your Cards Out (non-mover)