Saturday 25 May 2013

Single Review: The Skints - Out My Mind

The Skints

"I'm out my mind/But your not out of mine" blabbers Skints frontman Joshua Waters Judge on the band's most recent single. And I've had the simple summer sizzler spinning round my mind all week. Bouncier than a puppy on a pogo stick, 'Out My Mind' is another fantastic example of why The Skints are one of my personal favourite bands around at the moment.


Formed in East London in 2005, The Skints released their second studio album 'Part & Parcel' on Bomber Music Records last year. The quartet take their influences from the reggae, ska and punk fusions of the late-seventies to early-eighties, giving it their own 21st century hip-hop twist (I can't recall The Specials ever featuring text messages or mobile phones in their lyrics). I defy anyone not to bop along!

No comments:

Post a Comment