Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hype, Ripe and A Load Of Tripe: music to cool you down and rave you up

As a proud and dedicated Radio 1 and Guardian follower, I must listen to over two-hundred songs a week and, frankly, I can't review them all. Here are five tracks I heard over the week and think I should share with all of you guys.

HYPE - three up-and-coming artists I'm getting really excited about

Rimar: armed with his brand new Higher Ground EP this American producer is hoping to make a name for himself and his chillwave, down tempo, jazzy beats and I feel more than happy giving him a leg up. The aforementioned EP is a faultless beauty of hazy summer daydreams in pure music form to be enjoyed preferably with those closest and dearest.


Ceremony: the hardcore punk band from the home of The Avengers San Francisco have been brewing a storm under covers for about seven years by beating the living daylights out of their gravely voice boxes, intimidating guitars and insane drums. The heavily anticipated Zoo album is released at the beginning of March with twelve tracks of complete and utter badness.


Dau Cefn: emotion does not have to originate from a song's lyrics, a statement that couldn't apply more with Dau Cefn. The soothing guitar three piece have a distinctive Bon Iver feel that can only be created by the rawest masters of that indie genre, bleeding nothing but tenderness out with every note - even if I can't understand a word of Welsh!


RIPE - an old-school record that's still sounding fresh today


A LOAD OF TRIPE - a truly, truly dreadful song that I never want to hear again in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment