Wednesday 29 June 2011

Summer or Bummer (Glasto Special) Part 3

Glastonbury is over :(. Mud-stains on wellies are all that remain of the UK's biggest festival. But us bloggers can still bore you to death with a detailed step-by-step post about what we did/didn't like. Or I could just give a chart of the acts from the Saturday that were mentioned in the RadioTimes to be shown on BBC3. If you read my last post you've been thinking about it too and come up with your chart so see how they compare. Here's my chart:

1. The Chemical Brothers
Who doesn't want to rave whilst knee deep in Somerset mud?
2. Tinie Tempah
He was on last year with Snoop Dogg but this year he did it solo, and he was even better.
3. Janelle Monae
The only one I'd never heard of before but it was a great introduction to a massive new artist.
4. Big Boi
I wanted him to duet with Monae on Tightrope but his set was a-grimy-mazing.
5. Paolo Nutini
Another one of those unique voices like Maverick Sabre that I love.
6. Elbow
The band fails now because everyone compares whatever they do to One Day Like This
7. Aloe Blacc
I'm a massive I Need A Dollar fan but I didn't want preaching about soul music.
8. Friendly Fires
Sadly they didn't live up to the standard set by other acts that were some of the other bands the night before.
9. Glasvegas
Don't like Euphoria Take My Hand, didn't like their set.
10. Jessie J
I'm a smug music critic so basically I'm so far stuck up my own bum that I don't even review this rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment