Friday 29 July 2011

Friday Download: 29.7.11

After the tragic loss of Amy Winehouse last Saturday I decided that this week's Download would be in memory of her. Her death has left a gap, and it may never be filled. Her life had it's ups and it's downs but as a musician she was incredible and gave so much to the industry. It's not my favourites but it's the three singles that I think sum up how good she was and what she could do with her amazing voice. R.I.P. Amy, we'll miss you.

3. Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Winehouse had a very troubled life full of drugs and alcohol and this often came across in her music. It's how she managed to stay so upbeat about it that's beyond me.
2. Amy Winehouse - Love Is A Losing Game
It wasn't all jolly Mark Ronson hits; when Amy did power ballads she did power ballads.
1. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
Perhaps her most famous song from an album of the same name. It sums up Amy exactly: different, rebellious, a bit naughty but wonderful.
The hardest thing about this Friday Download is remebering to use the past tense. I can't believe she's gone.

Charttery doesn't start for another three weeks due to me going on holiday. I've decided to have another Friday Download next week for all my favourite album songs from Frank and Back To Black. I'm sorry but I can't leave this on such a low.

No comments:

Post a Comment